This is a super simple dessert recipe that is one from my Italian father’s archives. It takes about 10 minutes to make and has only 4 ingredients, so it really couldn’t be easier.
5 Bananas (need to be ripe, but not definitely not mushy)
600g Double Cream
1 shot of Amaretto Liquor (or for a non-alcoholic version of this pudding, replace with a few drops of vanilla essence)
Amaretti Biscuits (the hard ones)
- Pour the double cream into a bowl and whisk until it becomes thickened – BUT, don’t over whisk it as you want it still a bit runny, not too stiff.
- Add the shot of Amaretto liquor, you can add less or more depending on your taste preference of course.
- Peel and chop your bananas into little discs – think about the size of a pound coin. Add into the creamy mixture.
- Take 2 or 3 amaretti biscuits and crush them together in your hand, sprinkling into the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well and pour the whole lot into the bowl you want to serve the dessert in.
- Take another 2 or 3 amaretti biscuits and crush, sprinkle on top of the dessert, then cover with cling-film and put the bowl into the fridge to chill until you’re ready to serve. You can serve straight away but I find it’s all the better if it’s had a little time in the fridge.
Indulgent and delicious, yum.